Shenandoah Job Posting
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Shenandoah Equestrian Ltd.
Location: Burlington, Ontario, on the Bruce Trail.
Contact Name: Mark Lanigan
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 905-635-8608
Contact Website: http://shenandoahequestrian.ca
Salary: To be discussed with candidate as per their experience
Closing Date: 0000-00-00
As stable manager you will be responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of the horses, facilities, and a healthy and safe environment for a busy horse stable.
• Stable management, which will include but not be limited to: oversee & provide animal care; establish/maintain stable operations, rules and guidelines; exercise horses as needed, maintain records of operations (inventory, horse care, arena schedules, horse use, others as needed).
• Direct supervision of barn staff.
• Schedule professional services including farrier, veterinarian, transportation.
• Overseeing their daily stall cleaning, feeding, turnout and other duties.
• Ordering feed, hay, shavings, etc., and monitoring feed changes as needed.
• Working closely with the veterinarians, organizing medical supplies, and overseeing administration of daily medications and supplements.
• Operating various barn equipment such as tractor, arena groomer, etc, as needed.
• Overseeing the general maintenance of the facility and paddocks themselves.
• Assure that industry standard safety procedures are followed and met.
• Working closely with owner, trainer and administrative staff on the general well-being of the horses.
Skills and knowledge Requirements:
• Staff Management Experience.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Strong Teamwork Skills.
• Commitment to safety at all times.
• Good working knowledge of horse health and feeding requirements.
Please forward resume to Mark Lanigan at firstname.lastname@example.org